Sunday, November 6, 2011

Did you know I, Carl Caneyhead taught Elvis how to "swivel them hips"?

It's a lttle known fact, but Elvis came to Beaumont Texas in January 1955 at the Sportatorium and I was a hanging around back stage awaitin to perform. Me and my little band, the Caneyhead Cousins with lead singer George Jones was on tour from Shreveport Louisiana to Port Arthur Texas. Elvis was just a startin out and when he seed me perform, me a singing and dancin round a swivelin them hips and the girls was a goin WILD. They was a throwin their nasty drawers up on the stage at me! Anyway when I got off that stage ole Elvis said "hey Carl, I'm a fixin to tour the country and be'in I'm just startin out, how bout lett'n me borrow that swivel hips routine". I said "wy shore Elvis, go ahead on". So, anyways he did and the rest is history. Elvis came back and played some 6 months later at the Beaumont Auditorium and he was a already on his way to becomin the KING! He played "You ain't nothin but a hound dog", which he named after my hound dog, Duke! He was the Greatest!

No comments:

Post a Comment