Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Infected Hair Follicle????

Approximately 2 years ago a small bump formed at the top of my scalp. It wasn’t discolored or causing any pain. My doctor said there was nothing to worry about and it will eventually go away on its own. Months ped and the bump remained (still no pain) but it was getting bigger and bigger. It eventually became so large that it started to become worrisome. Finally, after 2 years and with the slightest touch, the bump just popped. What came out was a watery substance along with some blood. It took a couple of weeks to drain this thing completely. It eventually turned into a scab with a small bump and for the past few weeks I’ve been trying to remove this scab but it wouldn’t budge. I’ve tried tweezers, everything. FINALLY this past weekend I had enough and took a look again. A light squeeze of the bump brought up a hard, yellowish, rather large (about 5 mm in size), tooth-like, somewhat transparent, object (the best I can describe it) leaving a hole in my scalp (no bump). WTF?

No comments:

Post a Comment